Calling all K-12 student artists, photographers, memers, and cartoonists!
In recognition of Dyslexia and ADHD Awareness month, and ARTOBER, students in grades K-12 are invited to create a piece of art inspired by this year’s theme.
THEME: Reading Gives Me Wings
When you are reading, does your imagination soar? Are you transported to a far off place? Do you get inspired by the characters in the story? Show us how reading gives you wings!
Approximately 1-in-5 students are impacted by a learning difference. Many students who struggle to learn build self-confidence through success in the arts. Whether you are among the 1-in-5 or want to show your support for fellow students, let your creativity speak out!
October 1: Art contest begins
October 31: Deadline for art submissions
November 11: Winners announced!
4 grade-level categories: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
3 style categories: Digital art, Meme/Cartoon, Drawing/Painting, Photography
INCENTIVES AND PRIZES!!
– Every entry will be displayed at the Learning Matters center.
– One grand prize winner will get their artwork displayed at First Citizens Bank, located on Music Row!
– Winning entries in each age group and category will receive prizes and special recognition.
– One winner will get their artwork printed on the Learning Matters holiday card.
– All entrants receive TWO free donuts from Fox’s Donut Den.
Art Contest Sponsored By: